The biodiversity in the most significant national parks is extraordinary; over 11 000 registered species live in that untouched habitat. These parks are part of the lungs of our planet; we need to protect them.
(Note: Most national parks are unbelievably beautiful; this ranking for sure doesn’t represent all of them.)
1. Plitvice Lakes National Park – Croatia
Website of the national park: https://np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/en/
2. Dartmoor National Park – UK
3. Jostedalsbreen National Park – Norwegen
4. Triglav National Park – Slonvenia
5. Peneda-Gerês National Park
Why protect national parks?